ATM Security Tips
Al Hilal Bank ATMs are safe, secure channels that enable customers to withdraw cash and deposit cheques 24/7. However, as our customer it is your responsibility to be vigilant at all times. Here are a few handy tips to remember when using an ATM.
- Don’t write your PIN anywhere, especially on an obvious place like the card itself. Memorise it if you can.
- Do not share your PIN with anyone. It is best to change your ATM PIN the first time you use it and then try to change the PIN regularly thereafter. It may not be convenient, but it is a good precaution.
- Beware of ‘shoulder surfing’. Use your hands and body to shield your PIN typing.
- Don’t engage in conversations with strangers inside the ATM hub. Do not let your guard down, even for a moment.
- Do not conduct a transaction if you find any unusual device attached to the ATM.
- Before moving away from the ATM, press the ‘Cancel’ key and wait for the Welcome screen to appear.
- Remember to shred your transaction slip immediately after use.
- If your ATM card is lost or stolen, report it to Al Hilal Bank immediately.
- After you deposit a cheque or card in the ATM, check the credit entry in your account after a couple of days. Should you find any discrepancy, report it to the bank immediately.
- Register your mobile number with Al Hilal Bank to receive alerts of your transactions.
- Call the bank immediately should cash not dispense normally from the ATM or become stuck in the machine.