Make sure it is safe to type your password
Key logging is used by internet fraudsters to capture your password, PIN or other sensitive information you type into the computer. Software programs or small hardware devices can be programmed to record which keys you type. Once the fraudsters collect your security details, they might try to use them for their own financial gain.
- Install anti-virus software with the latest security patches and anti-virus signatures on your home computers
- Monitor your transactions regularly
- Report any irregularities in your statements immediately to the Al Hilal Bank Contact Centre on 600 52 2229
- Use computers located in public places, such as internet cafes or airport lounges, to access internet banking
- Visit suspicious sites or follow any of suspicious instructions
- Postpone reviewing your credit card and other account statements until safe to do so
- Respond to suspicious or spam emails
Please report any suspected privacy abuses or other related security issues to 600 52 2229 (within the UAE) or to +97126356020 (internationally).