Internet banking is fast, convenient and easy to use. However, many people are still hesitant to use this service due to security concerns. Here are some valuable internet banking security tips to avoid the risk of fraudulent attacks.
- Never share your One Time Passcode (OTP), PIN or CVV with anyone, including any person claiming to be an Al Hilal Bank official.
- When logging into Al Hilal for internet banking, always enter the Bank's website address (www.alhilalbank.ae) in the URL address bar. Never access the bank website from a link provided in emails from non-reliable sources. Be disciplined while clicking anywhere online. This will prevent you from clicking accidentally on malicious websites.
- Look for the padlock symbol on the address bar of your browser before you enter your login ID and password. If you click on this symbol, you can view the digital certificate and other security details related to the website. Proceed only if 6such verification is available.
- Regularly log into your internet banking accounts and check your bank statements to ensure that all transactions are legitimate.
- Avoid accessing Al Hilal Bank from a public or shared computer.
- Log out from internet banking after you complete your transaction, every time. Don’t just close your browser.
- Protect your accounts on the computer with strong passwords.
- Never use the browser option to remember passwords (disable the Auto Complete function).
- Go to the Settings option of the browser to clear your browser cache and history after each session, so that your account information is removed. This is especially important if you have used a shared computer.
- Beware of pop-up windows that ask for your account number and PIN.
- Use licensed software. There is a higher chance that pirated or unauthorised software may infect your device.
- Regularly update your computer with the latest security patches for your operating system, browser and email account.
- Use anti-virus, anti-spyware and personal firewalls to safeguard your computer system at all times.